Please find below important information regarding your e-poster discussion presentation, including technical specifications, tips and guidelines to follow. For any queries, please contact the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Authors must bring their acceptance letter with them to the conference.
- Updates may be shared during the presentation but no modifications can be made to the submitted abstract.
- Any author unable to attend their presentation must notify The Union at least one month before the date of presentation by emailing email@example.com.
- Authors who fail to inform The Union of a cancellation may not be accepted in future submissions for the Union World Conference.
- It is strictly forbidden to present abstracts whose content is to be published or publicly presented before presentation at the 49th Union World Conference. Please read our Conference Embargo Policy.
- All presenters must prepare one slide outlining key findings and conclusions.
- The screen format is 16:9.
- The presenting author must be in front of their slide and prepared to speak and answer any questions during their allocated session time. Each person is allocated three minutes presentation time.
- Presenting authors must go to the Speakers’ Room at least two hours before their presentation in order to upload their slide.
- All presentations must be uploaded before the session and may not be brought to the presentation room on a USB drive.
- Presenters must arrive to the allocated session room at least 10 minutes prior to its start to introduce themselves to the session chair, ensure their slides have been correctly uploaded and discuss any questions about the available equipment and room set-up.
- Posters should be clear, well-organised, informative and concise and should include all necessary information (title, methods, research, literature, etc.)
- Presenters must be mindful and respectful of their time slot and not exceed the time constraints.
Important: Paper Poster Requirements
- Everyone presenting an e-poster slide is required to also prepare a paper poster version. This will be hung on a poster board during the day of the e-poster presentation.
- People presenting an e-poster will not present the paper poster as well.
- While e-poster slides must be concise, limited to key findings and conclusions, presenters may include ALL relevant information in the paper poster.
Paper Poster Specifications
- Posters should be clear, well-organised, informative and concise, and should include all necessary information (title, methods, research, literature, etc.)
- Poster panels are white and are 95 cm wide by 215 cm high.
- Presenters may use as much of the poster panel as they choose, as long as the entire presentation fits onto one poster panel. A0 size posters are usually the best size for visibility.
- Large posters must be in portrait orientation to fit neatly within the limits of the panel.
- Double-sided tape will be provided at the Poster Desk.
- Posters should not be printed on heavy materials, such as canvas, as they easily fall from the poster panels.
- Set-up: All presenters are allocated a presentation day. Presenters must hang posters between 07:45 – 08:45 on their allocated day.
- Take down: Presenters should remove their poster no earlier than 17.30 on their allocated day. Those presenting on 27 October must remove their poster by 15.00.
- Poster presenters are responsible for collecting their materials during that time. Any materials remaining in the Poster Area after 18:30 will be recycled.
- The Union is not responsible for any material lost or damaged onsite.