The 49th Union World Conference on Lung Health will, for the first time, feature a dedicated Europe region track. Developed in partnership with The Union’s Europe Region, these sessions will share experiences and challenges that are specific to the continent.
This track aims to enable participants to focus on the tuberculosis (TB) and lung health concerns that are particularly pressing in Europe. These themes are often explored at Union Region Conferences. In 2016, the 7th Union Europe Region Conference was held in Bratislava. This three-day event attracted over 600 delegates, and explored a range of themes relevant to the region.
At this year’s Union World Conference, the Europe Region track will be comprised of symposia and abstract sessions, and will focus on:
- Collaborative TB-HIV activities in the World Health Organization’s European region
- TB in vulnerable populations groups in Europe
- Latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI) in low incidence countries in Europe
- Innovative treatment for multidrug-resistant TB in Europe
- TB lab and epidemiology in Europe
- TB in migrants in Europe
- Drug safety and efficacy in Europe
More information will be announced when the conference programme is published next month.